Struggling to find healthy but quick to make snacks that everyone will eat we mixed up these yesterday. They were ready to serve in 20 minutes perfect for any busy Mum.
Can also be used to top yogurts or stewed baking apples. Great as there filling but health and low in sugar to.
150g of porridge oats
4 tbsp of oil I used sunflower oil
1tbsp golem syrup
1 tbsp of agave syrup
2teaspoons of hemp powder
5 dried apricots cut into pieces
Can add sunflower or pumpkin seeds to or any dried mixed fruit you have in the cupboard
1. Heat oil and syrup on a low heat
2. Add the oil to all the remaking ingredients and mix till all the oats are covered in oil mixture
3. Place the mixture in to a greased oven tin I grease the tin with sunflower oil.
4.Bake at 180c for 10/15 minutes
5. Remove from oven. Using a knife cut the flapjacks into pieces and leave to cool in the tin.
Have fun baking.
Its my husbands birthday this week and due to on going health problems he’s diet low in sugar ,fat and other things.
we still wanted to bake a cake and I love to experiment and make yummy snacks healthy so we decided to make beetroot chocolate cake it taste amazing he didn’t even know till we told him. Fab if you have a fussy eater.
100ml sunflower oil or rapeseed oil
150g dark soft sugar
200g self raising flour
50g cocoa powder
1 tbsp. baking powder
200g 0% fat natural yogurt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1.peel,chop and boil the beetroot till soft. set aside to cool
2. pre heat the oven to 180c/160c/gas4
3. Once the beetroot has cooled down transfer to a food processor/hand blender and whizz to puree.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients ad stir till the mix is smooth.
5. Transfer the mix to a greased cake tin and bake for 50min-1hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
Let me know how you get on. Happy baking .